Lounging in the post Thanksgiving meal glow. 2 Football games down with one more to go. I made the commitment this year. I’m not going to overeat. I’m not going to overeat.
They say portioning is the key:
- six ounces of meat (about the size of a pack of cards)
- 1/2 cup of your sides (about the size of a tennis ball)
- 1 slice of bread (the size of a cassette tape)
- 1 slice of pie (deck of cards again)
- ice cream (size of a lightbule)
I did pretty good.
- six ounces of turkey
- six ounces of ham
- 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup of sweet potatoes
- 1 dinner roll
- 1/2 cup of stuffing
- Repeat All – except sweet potatoes
- 1 slice of pumpkin pie (yeah, this was a bit more than a deck of cards (quite a bit more))
- 1/2 cup of homemade whipped cream (don’t know the right portion size here)
Apparently there is more to this than just human sized portions.